"Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame."
© 2016 Sandy Crain. All rights reserved.
Designed by Website Originals at www.WebsiteOriginals.com
200 Hour Rolf Gates Intensive | 2009 | Mount Madonna-Watsomville, CA
500 Hour Advanced Certification | 2013-2015 | Himalaya Institute-Honesdale, PA
- First Segment (2013): Advanced teaching methods/Heart of yoga philosophy/Art of observing and assisting/Breathing/Relaxation/Meditation/study of yoga sutras, prayers and chants
- Second Segment (2014): Awakening vital energy/Chakras/Pranayama/Secret yoga texts/asana/Art of sequencing/Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads and other yoga texts/Advanced meditation techniques/Sanskrit prayers and techniques
- Third Segment (2015): Yoga as a healing art/Physical, psychological and physiological strategies to cultivate peace, support mental health and cope with pain/Role of breath and Pranic energy in healing/Therapeutic yoga approach to treat specific illness
Empower Yoga Certification | 2009 | John Gillespie Cueling and Sequencing Workshop
Certification/Fellowship (3 Months) | 2011 | Omega Institute-Rinebeck, NY
- Set up for yoga conferences and workshops
- Ran guest services department
- Worked with the crew for the John of God conference
Certification/Fellowship (4 months) | 2012 | Mount Madonna-Watsonville, CA
- Lived/worked/studied at this yoga community among founding members of Mount Madonna including Baba hari das
New location in Charlotte, North Carolina - to be announced soon.
Private in-home appointments available - $75.00 (1 hour)
plus $10.00 for each additional person.
My experience with yoga is that we come to the mat, and after a while we start to notice how our breath, and thoughts are moving in the asana/poses.
Then, we notice our minds, that chatter and go to the places they go when we are uncomfortable, happy, sad. Then, we notice little nuances in our bodies, our heart rate, little aches and pains in our bodies from years of use that we may have ignored.
It's the habits we carry, that we start to pay attention to, to notice and not judge, watch and see if we can subtly observe off the mat. Because this is where the true work is.
Once we notice where the pain, is we can begin to heal.. Its a journey, as the poses constantly grow and move and unfold, so do our bodies and minds.
We think we can't touch our toes, whatever thoughts come up with that, over time we begin to touch our toes and we watch and see that we are not our thoughts.
Always moving and unfolding listening to our inner guidance which is a muscle that we get strong with as well. Its a deep love and understanding of ourselves and the universe.
That's why I've been practicing for 16 years, and still feel i have a lot to learn, so I always come back to the mat and become the seer.
Increased muscle strength and tone.
energy and vitality.
Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
Cardio and circulatory health.
Improved athletic performance.
Protection from injury.
"Who is the knower that knows the world but cannot itself be known? Who is the hearer that hears the birds but cannot itself be heard? Who is the seer that sees the clouds but cannot itself be seen?"